A Native American proverb suggests that all that we do today must be done with the next seven generations in mind.
Mainstream retail industries have many byproducts like pesticide pollution, dependence on plastics, underpaid labor, hazardous working conditions and excessive CO2 Emissions.
Five Nine pledges to minimize these negative effects by amending our practices to become sustainable ones. This sustainability means using methods that we can afford to duplicate while reducing the negative effect on the environment and people around us. With a lot of creativity and research, we have been able to develop practices and offer products that allow us to do just that.
* We promise to source products from makers and suppliers with sustainability plans
* We recycle everything we can
* We avoid plastic wrap and containers
* We will compost anything we can
* We use organic when possible
* We work with clients to reuse designs and materials
* We deliver by bike when possible
* We love reused and vintage anything
* We support local farmers, artists and artisans
* We use recycled paper for everything
* We pay our staff a living wage
Five Nine wants to be mindful of not just how we leave our world for the next generation, but how we touch those people and places that were involved in the beauty we created today.